Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My First "Linky Party"

My sweet friend Alex over at The School Potato who encouraged me to get into this blogging business told me a great way to build readers was to join "linky parties." My text reply to her, darn auto correct was, "What's a kinky party?" OOOPS! I was cracking up as I quickly sent a message with the correct spelling.

So, I had good intentions of joining 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It but I didn't quite make it so this morning when I saw Jessica hosting a Fashion Linky Party I figured that was a must! I love shopping and clothes! I have closetS and dressers full. I don't know whether I have any reason fashion sense but I love to shop and put outfits together.

Here are Jessica's guidelines:
1. Tell me your favorite store(s) that you like to get your "teachers' fashion".
2. What are some of your favorite accessories?
3. What type of shoes do you teach in? (i.e. heels, flats, wedges, etc.)
4. Do you have a "go-to" item in your closet? (i.e. sweater you wear weekly, shoes you wear daily, etc.)
5. Have you ever had a fashion "uh-oh" at school? (i.e. heel broke, button popped off of blouse)

So here are my answers:

1. Since I love shopping this question is nearly impossible to narrow it down to my favorite(s). I love Gap, Banana and Old Navy but Kohls is my favorite. Kohls always has amazing deals, coupons and even Kohls Cash which is good for a later purchase. I can almost ALWAYS find something  a cart FULL of somethings at Kohls. The outlet malls are always a good option for back to school shopping and I love hitting up these three stores.

2. I am not huge on jewelry or accessories but I am always rockin' my rings and my Tifany's birthstone necklace (my 4th of July present from my husband 2011). During the winter I love scarves! They are so fun and jazzy! They can dress up any outfit and make an old sweater look fancy and new!

3. I absolutely LOVE stilettos (witch shoes as my first graders would say). They don't bother me at all and I would prefer to wear them to most other shoes. Nine West are my favorite. I also love Coach flats or really any ballet flat for that matter.
4. Students at our school wear uniforms (red, white, blue or black on top and khakis, navy or black pants) so this is an easy "go-to" item for me. Teachers have to wear the uniform twice a week so it is a nice easy find. I have a whole section in my closet of uniform attire. Aeropostle and Kohls are great for uniform clothes. We even have a uniform hoddie which I LOVE and always go to on cold days, when I'm not feeling well or I can't find anything else that looks good.

I also LOVE cardigans in all styles and colors with or without buttons, long sleeve or 3/4 sleeve, thin or heavy! This gray and white one from Target is one of my favorites.


5. To say that I am graceful would be a joke! During my first year of teaching while wearing stilettos I stepped on a little guys finger. I thought I broke it but with a little ice and some love he was fine! That incident made me reconsider wearing such shoes to school.
So there you have it! My fashion sense or lack there of in a nutshell and my first "linky party"! Happy blogging friends! Hop over to Jessica's blog From Blood to Books to join the party!

10 comments:

  1. I'm your newest follower! And PS- you can link up with Tara's Monday Made It anytime! A lot of people do it later in the week :)

    Sara
    Fourth Grade Fanatics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sara! Thanks for stopping by and following my blog! I will definitely hop over and check yours out! Good to know about linking up later in the week, I thought I was on a deadline! I definitely have some things to add now!

      Delete
  2. Just started following you! I really need to check out those coach flats, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for following! I am obsessed with Coach and they always have adorable flats!!! I even have Coach sneakers!

      Delete
  3. This is my first linky party, too! Love your style...I have that same cardigan from target. Great minds think alike. :) http://lattesnlaughter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Julia! Thanks for stopping by and commenting :)! I love that cardigan, I actually have several of the same one in many colors. I have a tendancy to find something I love and buy it in as many colors as they have haha! I will definitely ghop over and check your blog out!

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for linking up!! I'm so glad you chose my FIRST linky as your FIRST linky! I just seriously laughed out loud at your text autocorrect. haha! Too funny! I'm loving those Coach flats.. may have to invest in some of those!

    Jess
    From Blood to Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy I was able to link up with YOU for my first linky party! There is a site called damnyouautocorrect I think I will definitely have to post that there LOL! The Coach flats are definitely worth the investment! I am trying to decide on my newest pair, there are three I love!

      Delete
  5. I love that cardigan! Has it been a while since you got it???

    I also love your blog name--too funny!

    I'm your newest follower--I am known as "the techy teacher" at my school, so I love it!

    -gayla
    Teach On.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cardigan is about a year old or so but Target always has similar styles. I know I just saw some button down ones like this out but not the exact color.

      I was trying to think of a name for my blog and a lightbulb went off as I was sending an email and it said that exact message. How perfect!

      I am so happy to have you following and hope that I can provide some awesome resources for you throughout the year.

      I will definitely hop over and check out your blog and be looking for all your techy tips! Actually being the techy teacher is what got me in this new position :)!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...