Monday, January 21, 2013

Web 2.0 Tool for Font Finding


I am a font hoarder! I LOVE downloading new fonts and dafont.com is one of my top hits. I don't even know how many I have. There are a few favorites I always go to (cinnamon cake, {skinny} jeans, Architect's Daughter, A Year Without Rain, smile monster) but when I am looking for something new it takes me forever to scroll through the entire list and then if I decide that the one I selected wasn't quite what I was looking for and I have to start the search again this can take a lot of time. 

Does this sound familiar? 

Well I have a solution for you... wordmarkit! Wordmarkit is a Web 2.0 tool that allows you to test out a word or phrase and loads ALL of the fonts on your computer for preview! This makes finding a new font so much easier and much faster!!! 


4 comments:

  1. Follow up question - Do you know if there's a way to preselect certain fonts to show instead of wading through ALL my fonts, ie. just the ones I bought for commercial use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm.... I do not know the answer to this question but I will see if I can explore a bit more with the site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so you can create a free account that will allow you to save selections but it doesn't look like you can make a selection of fonts to filter through from what I have seen so far...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...