Sunday, September 30, 2012

Technology Expo


Happy Sunday friends! I feel like I disappeared from the blog world for awhile but the past few weeks have been crazy busy and I've been fighting a cold for weeks now! I am back tonight and have lots to share! Last week I was very fortunate to be able to attend a Technology Expo in Roanoke, Virginia with Alex over at The School Potato! We left at noon on Wednesday and it was about a four hour drive from work. The hotel was very castle-like and the service was outstanding! We were greeted pleasantly and given warm chocolate chip cookies. The weather was GORGEOUS and we got to relax as soon as we got there.  While enjoying ourselves on the balcony we noticed a walk way which led to downtown! We explored and found a Friendship Fountain and had a delicious sushi dinner at a place called Wasabi. On Thursday we went to the Lee Hartman and Sons Technology Expo in Salem, Virginia. There were lots of great vendors but only a few that were applicable to the K-12 education field. We got a great contact with SMART and may have the opportunity to demo a SMART Table. The ELMO presentation was awesome and we are borrowing lots of her ideas for use with the SMART Response clickers and the document cameras that we already have! She also had an interactive tablet and I knew I had seen one of these (SMART Airliner) in our cupboards so this sparked me to get it out and hook it up. There were door prizes drawn between each session. Let me just start by saying I never win anything but after one of the afternoon sessions my number was called! I am excited to set this new document camera (hmm not sure the name or its capabilities yet). I am hoping to get it set up tomorrow and see what it can do! We had a lot of fun and took a few great ideas away so all and all it was a successful trip!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! hmmm... a SMARTtable? Sounds pretty cool. Congrats on winning the doc camera! :)

    ~Jen
    Hello Mrs Sykes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, I am super excited about the SMART Table. Check it out http://smarttech.com/table, The document camera is being replaced as we speak (it broke when I was trying to adjust the camera, OOOPS!)!

      Delete
  2. I want to make my own Blogger layout because none of the ones I have found incorporate my Header correctly/match with my Header which i wish
    to use. Can there be a website that can teach me tips on how to do
    that? (I also don’t have Photoshop, so I have to use another software than that to design).
    Many thanks!.

    Review my web page :: vaginal mesh lawyers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Basicаllу уou only need 2 pieces of equipmеnt:
    a small fermenteг (to stoгe thе beer during the fеrmentаtion ρrοсess)
    аnd a hyԁгometer (to knоw eхаctly when the beer has finished fermenting).
    If thе deρеnԁent сeases to
    qualify aѕ suсh (whether bу age, losѕ of studеnt
    status, marriаge, еtс. Wе useԁ to have richer plans lіκe this but thеy all wеnt away and guess why.


    my homеpagе ... ωhat is health inѕurance - http://wiki.suedmaehren.at -

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...