Sunday, March 3, 2013

FETC Recap

FETC was amazing and I came back from Florida with tons of new ideas but haven't found a second to spare to blog! Our presentation couldn't have gone better and I have lots of pictures to share and all of our handouts that I promised.

Welcome to FETC (Florida Education Technology Conference)! Gorgeous weather and sunny skies!

+Adam Bellow started out with this hysterical parody of "Some Nights"
"Some nights I stay up searching the Net. Most nights I find some new tools. Next day I go bring them into my classroom. The firewall won't let me through. But I won't give up, I still try new stuff. Oh, man, I'm quite sure what I stand for oh. What do I stand for? What do I stand for?"
This is one of my favorite moments of the whole conference! 


We had these hot pink shirts made with a huge QR Code on the back to help advertise for our session! One of our biggest fears was to have 3 people show up! Luckily the shirts were a huge hit and big conversation piece all week. 


 We posted this adorable picture on our edmodo site hoping everyone would look for us!

The QR Code went to an iMovie that showcases all of the way we use QR Codes at Porter! 

 The edmodo team was awesome and we rushed to their booth to earn $50 app credit!!!

 Look who we ran into! Moby from BrainpopJr!!!

 We LOVED watching our edmodo page grow and grow! We were so excited when we hit 100 members! Our page is still gaining members and we are up to 132.

 So excited to see our session on the big board! SCANAPALOOZA!!!

Our rockstar team! 
Disney QR Code Scavenger Hunt (Center 2)!


We had a full house and everyone had such positive feedback! 

All of our handouts can be found on edmodo! Just join group CS8267 to gain access!




3 comments:

  1. Wow, I wish I had the opportunity to go! Looking forward to what you have to share!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki,
    I tried to join CS8267 and got the "The code you entered is invalid" error.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that Nancy! I am guessing the "join" feature was turned off by FETC! I will be posting all resources momentarily! Thanks for letting me know it wasn't working! I had no idea it was "shut down"!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...