Wednesday, December 26, 2012

December Here and Gone

I am a little embarrassed that my last post was December 1st. I had good intentions of featuring the "12 Apps of Christmas" but obviously I didn't get myself together for that and I can't come up with another clever blog title so here you have it!

As I've claimed before I cannot live without my iPad. I have tons of new apps that I want to share with you! Teacher's Pick is an awesome teacher tool. I usually only feature FREE apps but recently I've bought some pretty cool apps and feel that this one is worth the $1.99.

Teacher's Pick allows you to randomly pick students just like the "old fashioned" popsicle stick method!


Since I teach 1st - 8th graders (650 students) I added numbers rather than names to use in the lab! Each student has a class number so this works perfectly! 


You can add as many classes as you want as you can see on the left I have Porter Mentees, Porter Staff, Porter Elementary, Porter Middle School and then Lab. By pressing the smile the iPad randomly selects  a student and highlights their name/number in purple. You can mark students as absent so it doesn't pick someone who isn't there. 


One other awesome feature is that it will randomly put students in groups! You set the number of students and give the groups a name and ta-da group work made easy!!! LOVE this feature!  


I haven't done too much with badges but you have the ability to award students badges which I know students really like receiving. 


Since Teacher's Pick is a paid app I wanted to offer a FREE alternative :)!


iLEAP Pick a Student is a good second choice. It doesn't look as pretty (Chalkdust font haha) but it does the trick and it costs nothing :)!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for helping me work on one of my goals for 2013, I really appreciate it! I am your newest follower and love your blog! I look forward to learning new technology tricks from you :)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to help! I know it can get frustrating especially when you go out of your way to comment on others blogs and join linky parties :)! I am also trying to get more followers! I can't wait to reach 100 haha! I must admit that I need to be better at updating or scheduling posts for my poor followers to have something to read! Thanks for stopping by and I am happy to be a new follower of your blog as well!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...