I apologize for my recent absence as a blogger. I could make a list of excuses for not blogging but I won't because you know them all and could write a list of your own:)!
All jokes aside, I was nominated by two lovely ladies (The Babbling Box and This Little Piggy) for the Liebster Blog Award which gave me a perfect opportunity to blog this evening. A Liebster Blog Award is given by bloggers to new bloggers that have less than 200 followers. It is to show new bloggers that they are appreciated and to help spread the word about new blogs. I am honored to be recognized and love knowing that my blog is helping other teachers :)!
Here are the rules:
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.- Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.- Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.- No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you)!
11 Random Things About Me
1. I love "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and can recite the entire thing.
2. I am allergic to life- no seriously! I have terrible environmental, seasonal and pet allergies and I cannot have gluten or dairy. I have spent a great portion of my adult life being "sick" all attributed to allergies.
3. I have 2 hypo-allergenic puppies named Lilly and Gremmy. Lily is my favorite flower and the name of my parents bar which they sold to move to VA to be with me and Gremmy because she came second and her name had to end in the "e" sound and she looks like a gremlin.
4. PINK is my favorite color and I prefer to only write in pink BUT beware pink ink does not fax.
cannot will not parallel park my car.
6. I am a princess. Period.
7. OBX is my favorite place in the world although I have traveled to many amazing destinations.
8. I am obsessed with QR Codes. So much so, that my husband tried to propose with a "Will you marry me?" QR Code. Tried because he put it in a small bottle which got washed away while I was watching dolphins at sunrise on the beach. OOOPS!
9. I am OCD. I think that explains itself.
10. My husband was my knight in shining armor and I didn't even want to take his number. Luckily he was persistent.
11. I can never stay awake during movies and my favorite movie EVER is Wedding Crashers.
Questions from The Babbling Box:
My first post was July 31st, 2012 so a little under 6 months.
2. Why did you start blogging?
A new teacher at my school told me about her blog and encouraged me to start my own.
3. If you weren't teaching what would you be doing?
I would make a great stay at home wife or full time blogger. BUT seriously I would LOVE to be a stay at home mommy.
4. How long have you been teaching?
This is my 6th year teaching. 5 years as a first grade teacher and 1 year as an instructional technology resource teacher.
5. Pepsi or Coke?
I don't drink pop but I do LOVE Sugar-Free Red Bull or RockStars when I am super sleepy.
6. What is your favorite recipe or thing to cook?
I love cooking Thai food which is something that my husband introduced me to.
7. What is your dream vacation?
I would love to travel to Austrlia or Thailand BUT really if you put me on a beach I am happy.
8. What are your favorite TV Shows?
Right now Sons of Anarchy and The Voice.
9. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I love driving around and looking at Christmas lights.
10. If you could have one superpower what would it be?
My superpower would be to ... hmmm I might be dangerous with a superpower.
11. What is your most embarrassing moment teaching?
Questions from This Little Piggy:
1. Where is your favorite place you've ever visited?
OBX is by far my favorite place in the world.
2. Can't live without teacher item?
My SMART Board or iPad.
3. Favorite holiday tradition?
Driving around to look at Christmas lights is a tradition I love.
4. Favorite book to read with your students?
I love reading aloud ANY book to students and I have TOO many favorites. Junie B. always makes me pee my pants laughing. She is such a sassy pants.
5. Why do you blog?
I hope to help other teachers and it is a great way to keep track of ideas and one day look back on all of my experiences.
6. Favorite TV show.
I watch way too much TV and trashy TV at that. Bachelor/Bachelorette may be my "all time" favorites.
7. What lead you to decide you wanted to be an educator?
I wanted to be a teacher since I was in Kindergarten. I was a kid who "did school" and I had an amazing Kindergarten teacher who fostered my love for learning and passion for teaching others.
8. How did you come up with your blog name?
I always see "Sent From My iPad" when I send emails and wondered, "Does anyone even notice OR care?" but thought that it would be a perfect name for a blog since I do spend so much time working from my iPad or MacBook Air. BTW I heart Apple products.
9. If you could time travel to any place or time, where would you go?
Thailand or Australia or any beach really :)! I love to travel.
10. You have the chance to appear on your favorite show, currently on air or past, what show would I see you on?
Actualllllly, I have or have never had desire to appear on Bachelor or Bachelorette I just enjoy the drama BUT my real actual life could be made into a TLC Real Life Movie LOL. No, seriously.
11. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I've always wanted to be a teacher or a mommy!
I have nominated the following blogs;
The First Grade Princess
Young Daze in 5th Grade
Little Miss Organized
Hippo Hooray For Second Grade
Covered in Glitter and Glue
Fun in ECSE
The Wild Rumpus
O"FISH"ally a First Grader
Questions for the nominees;
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. Why did you start a blog?
3. How did you come up with your blog name?
4. What is your guilty pleasure?
5. What is your "can't live without" teacher item?
6. Are your a morning person or night owl?
7. What is the funniest thing a kid has ever said in class or that you've overheard?
8. If you had to pick one thing to eat for the rest of ever what would it be?
9. What is your favorite iPad app? OR website?
10. How long have you been teaching?
11. If you weren't teaching what would you be doing?
Thanks again to The Babbling Box and This LIttle Piggy for nominating my blog :)!
And, "I am BACK! You Know it." Old School is my second favorite movie and I thought it was a perfect way to end a LONG blog post.